Saturday 12 January 2013

Leaving the train station

Bev’s just left and I’m sitting in the bus.  I was relieved as the bus driver confirmed my name on the list as he loaded my luggage onto the bus that will take me to Montreal.  The reality and anxiousness began to solidify; this is becoming real.   I’m watching Bev lead the bus down Tremblay road.  Funny enough in about 35 minutes the bus will role right past our place, on its way to Pierre Elliot Trudeau Airport in Montreal. 
  Bev’s eyes welled up pretty quickly and I came close.  Cool as a cucumber until wham.  Smile Things like this can become emotional prety quickly.  I hope she remains in a good place.  She has been fantastic on this journey.  Right from the moment (3 years ago) when I shared with her the news that this program had become available at my work (MD Physician Services).  Without hesitation, she said “Oh you have to do that…if you ant to”.  Not once has she flickered in her support or enthusiasm.  I’m remain one oft the luckiest guys you know.  I don’t know if she just saw me waving, as the bus passed her on the 417…but she waved back.
That lump in the throat.  Some of us get it often and some us not so much.  But when it arrives, it’s certainly a moment.  If you are in the latter group, like me, it can catch you off guard and you can feel your mind frantically searching for what to do; hang strong? resist? fight the good fight? or simply release and join the party?  I think sometimes, we’re just scared to let go in fear that it might not stop….but it always does and usually with a giggle or laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment